Submissions are open for our Fall 2020 issue. If you’re a young writer, we can’t wait to see your piece.
Submit by 11/02/20, and your piece will automatically be considered for our official fall issue. Whether or not your piece is accepted to the issue, you’ll get a chance for publication on our site.
What We’re Looking For
Submit your best work in any of the accepted categories. The team at Radiate Literary focuses on helping young writers grow through the editing process, so we’re looking for talent and potential, not an impossibly perfect piece. Our editors are truly excited to read your work.
If you want an idea of what we’ve published in the past, read our August issue.
- Poetry: free verse, ballads, sonnets, whatever you like to write.
- Short stories: we accept stories up to 8,000 words.
- Essays: personal essays or reflections are always welcome.
- Artwork: our design consultant, Skipper, is happy to consider artwork for our fall issue.
Every piece submitted will receive personalized feedback from one of our talented editors. They carefully select the pieces that have shown the most excellence or growth to showcase in each issue of Radiate Literary Journal. What do our editors look for in a piece?
- A complete story arc
- Life-like characters
- Inspiration or motivation
- Excellent use of language
- Good rhythm and rhyme if applicable
- Comfortable story flow
We can’t wait to see your work! Submit today and you’ll hear back from an editor within a few weeks.